Wisconsin Strawberry Shortcake Poke Cake
*Needs a minimum of 2 hours to chill in the fridge.*
- 9x13 strawberry, white or yellow cake mix
- 14 oz. can *sweetened* condensed milk
- 10 oz. packages strawberries, frozen in their own juice, thawed
- 16 oz. cool whip (large container) thawed
- fresh strawberries to garnish top, if desired (see second photo)
How to Make Wisconsin Strawberry Shortcake Poke Cake
- 1Prepare and bake cake mix as per instructions on box. Allow to cool completely.
- 2When cool, using a wooden spoon handle, poke holes every 2" or so all over top of cake. Pour 1 can *sweetened* condensed milk over cake.
- 3Pour thawed strawberries, with their juice, over cake evenly.
- 4Spread Cool Whip evenly over strawberries. Refrigerate and allow flavors to blend at least 2 hours. Then, garnish with fresh sliced strawberries right before serving, if desired. (See second photo.) Be sure to refrigerate leftovers.