TIPSY LAIRD TRIFLE
Recipe & photo: britishfood.about.com
10 ozpound cake or sponge cake, halved and cut into thick slices
10 ozfresh raspberries, or thoroughly defrosted frozen
6 Tbspwhiskey or drambuie
2 cthick, ready made custard sauce
2 cheavy/double or whipping cream, softly whipped
1handful toasted, flaked almonds
How to Make TIPSY LAIRD TRIFLE
- Line the bottom of a dish or dessert glasses with the cake slices.
- Reserve a few raspberries for decoration and layer the remaining evenly over the cake. Sprinkle with the whiskey.
- Spoon over the custard, again in a thick layer.
- Finish with a thick layer of whipped cream either spooned over or piped using a piping bag.
- Decorate with raspberries and a few toasted, flaked, almonds.