Sweet Potato Pie Bars
- oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4
- c. butter, softened, divided
- 2 1/2
- c. flour, divided
- lbs. sweet potatoes (about 4) cooked, peeled
- c. packed brown sugar, dark or light
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- tsp. cinnamon
- large eggs
- tsp. vanilla
- cups marshmallows (jet-puffed)
How to Make Sweet Potato Pie Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Cut cream cheese and butter into 2 1/4 cups flour in large bowl with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Shape into ball. Flatten dough into disk and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3Place dough between two sheets of waxed paper and roll into a 15 1/2" x 10 1/2" rectangle. Discard top sheet and spray 15" x 10" pan with cooking spray. Place pan over dough and flip over. Discard second sheet of waxed paper.
- 4Gently press dough onto bottom and sides of pan. Use fork to prick holes in bottom of pan.
- 5Bake 10 minutes. Meanwhile, melt remaining butter. Mash potatoes in large bowl. Add butter and all remaining ingredients, except marshmallows. Mix well.
- 6Pour potato mixture over crust. (Pan will be full.) Bake for 30 minutes or until to is puffed and lightly brown. (Filling will be soft, but firms as it cools.) Immediately top with marshmallows and cool for 1 hour.
- 7Heat broiler when ready to serve. Broil dessert, 4 inches from heat 1-2 minutes until golden. Cool slightly and serve.