Pistachio Pig Pickens Cake
Every one loves this.. If you haven't made it.. You have to. One time and you'll be hooked!!
This is usually made with Vanilla Pudding in the frosting.
I changed it up and my daughter wolfed it down and told me to, "Stay with this one" She loved it.. Every one loved it!!!
Also, with the frosting being green.. What a great St. Patty's day cake to make.
How to Make Pistachio Pig Pickens Cake
- 2In a large bowl, combine cake mix and ingredients according to directions of boxed mix.
(I prefer the white, this was made with yellow)
- 3Drain mandarin oranges and add to cake mix. The oranges are suppose to fall apart in the mix
- 4Bake cake as directed on box or until you get a golden brown top.
- 5While the cake is baking you can work on the frosting.
- 7In a large mixing bowl. Combine 1 box of pistachio pudding mix with pineapple. Do not drain the pineapple.
- 8Once the pineapple and pudding have combined together properly, fold the whip cream into mixture.
- 9Once whip cream and fruit have been folded together, place in refrigerator until cake has cooled completely.
- 10Once cake is cooled you can cut your cake for layers or just frost it the way it is..
- 11If you cut your cake for layers, remember this frosting is light and airy, your in between layer will flatten a bit..
- 12Refrigerate for about an hour and get ready to serve one of the best fruit cakes, ever...
- 13If you happen to have any left over, refrigerate the left overs.. This will keep in the freezer too...