Nonna's Pie Cake
How to Make Nonna's Pie Cake
- 1Blend flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (like making pie crust)
- 2In a small bowl mix the egg, milk and vanilla. Add it to the flour mixture and blend, using hands to form it into a ball, soft and a little sticky.
- 3Press 3/4 of the dough into the bottom of a 10 x 15 jelly roll pan or rimmed baking sheet. (or once I used 2 8 x 8 pans.)
- 4Add the flavoring to the fruit filling (cherry, blueberry, etc.) and spread over the crust. Drop the rest of the crumb dough in bits over the top of the pie.
- 5Bake in a 350 oven for 25-30 minutes or longer for stone or insulated pans until golden. Serve up! Maybe some whipped cream on top?