LEMONY BLUEBERRY SCONES
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 5 Tbsp
- cold unsalted butter
- 1 c
- fresh blueberries
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 c
- heavy cream
How to Make LEMONY BLUEBERRY SCONES
- 1In a large bowl, gently whisk all the dry ingredients together.
- 2Grate the butter on the coarse side of a box grater and add to the dry ingredients; gently toss to combine.
- 3Fold in the blueberries and lemon zest. Make a well in the center and pour in the heavy cream. Fold everything together just to incorporate; do not overwork the dough.
- 4Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and form into mounds. Arrange them on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 16-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- 5May top with a lemon glaze if desired.