2 pkg(9 oz) condensed mincemeat
1 1/2 cwater
2 1/2 csifted flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 can(s)(15 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 cchopped candied mixed fruit
1 cchopped pitted dates
1 cchopped pecans
How to Make Heirloom Fruitcake
- Combine crumbled mincemeat and water in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until until lumps are broken up. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Grease bottom and sides of a 9"x5" loaf pan. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper cut to fit and sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sift flour and baking soda together.
- Combine eggs, condensed milk, cooled mincemeat, fruit, and nuts in a mixing bowl. Fold in flour mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 1 hour or until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Set pan on a rack to cool.
- When cake is cooled, turn out and remove paper.