How to Make Fudgy Frosting
- 1Put the chocolate chips and salt in the top of a double-boiler on medium, or a heavy saucepan on low-medium.
- 2Stir until the chocolate is melted.
Add the sweetened condensed milk, and cook about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the frosting is shiny and of spreading consistency.
- 3Remove from heat and quickly stir in the vanilla.
Then add the butter, and stir until it melts completely.
1) Once it cools, this is just like fudge.
2) This frosting is perfect for Devil's Food cake.
3) I prefer the saucepan, and use a diffuser to prevent scorching.