EZ Turtle Skillet Fudge Cake
- box chocolate cake mix of your choice
- 1 c
- 1/3 c
- melted butter plus 1 extra tblsp. for the pan
- 4 oz
- semi-sweet baking chocolate, bars chopped or chips
- jar caramel topping for ice cream
- 1/3 c
- chopped pecans
How to Make EZ Turtle Skillet Fudge Cake
- 1You will need a 12" non-stick oven proof skillet or a 9 x 13 pa. . Preheat oven to 350. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in the skillet on the stove top, spreading around.
- 2Mix cake mix, milk, eggs and 1/3 cup melted butter with a hand or standing mixer until smooth. Pour into your pan, spreading evenly. These pans are good at distributing heat so you do not get a domed cake.
- 3Bake about 30 minutes, testing with a straw to see if done. Let cool 5 minutes, then carefully turn out onto a large platter.
- 4Put the chocolate and half the caramel sauce in a microwave safe dish and heat for 30-45 seconds, stirring until smooth. (or use small saucepan on stove)
- 5Pour sauce over cooled cake, smoothing out to edges so it will drip over. Add the chopped nuts . If you want to drizzle the rest of the caramel sauce over the whole thing. Now take a picture because it is beautiful and yummy!