CRUSHED PEPPERMINT CHEESECAKE
Recipe & photo: tasteofhome.com
- peppermint or mint creme oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 5 pkg
- (8 oz.ea.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 c
- (8 oz.) sour cream
- 1 c
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- peppermint extract
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 c
- crushed candy canes or peppermint candies
- additional crushed candy canes or coarsely chopped oreo cookies, optional
How to Make CRUSHED PEPPERMINT CHEESECAKE
- 1Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18" square). Wrap foil securely around pan. In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 2In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream, flour and extract. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended.
- 3Remove 1-1/2 cups of batter to a small bowl; stir in crushed candy canes. Pour plain batter over crust. Drop candy cane batter by tablespoonfuls over the plain batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 inch of hot water to larger pan.
- 4Bake cheesecake in a preheated 325º oven for 70-80 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen the sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool cheesecake 1 hour longer.
- 5Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- 6Remove rim from pan. Top with additional crushed candy canes or Oreos if desired.
- 7NOTE: The water bath is necessary to keep the cheesecake from cracking and also makes it extra creamy.