AWESOME FUDGE BUTTER CAKE
Recipe & photo: recipe4living.com
FOR THE CAKE:
2-1/4 ccake flour
2-1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cbutter, softened
FOR THE FROSTING:
5 ozunsweetened chocolate pieces
3 cpowdered sugar
How to Make AWESOME FUDGE BUTTER CAKE
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the sugar and 1/2 cup butter until it is creamy. Crack eggs into a dish and add vanilla--DO NOT BEAT. Add the eggs to the butter mixture one at a time and mix for two minutes between each egg. Scrape sides of bowl if necessary.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the running mixer, making sure each addition is well incorporated. Pour batter evenly into two 8-inch greased and floured cake pans.
- Bake in a preheated 350º oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack; allow to cool for 40 minutes on rack.
- PREPARE FROSTING: In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate, just 10 seconds at a time until just melted. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the chocolate and butter to a large bowl and beat with electric mixer until it combines. After 2 minutes add the powdered sugar and the milk. When smooth, frost the cake layers and serve immediately.