Apple Cinnamon Nut Cake
This will make 1 loaf pan, but it can be doubled to make a Bundt cake.
Some of the images are mine including the main picture of the sliced cake. A few are borrowed from the internet because I forgot to take some pictures.
- 1/2 c
- margarine, softened
- 3/4 c
- 2 large
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/3 c
- brown sugar, packed (light or dark)
- 2 tsp
- ceylon cinnamon (or more to taste)
- 1 c
- broken pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 c
- 1 large
- apple, peeled and chopped 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 c
- light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Nut Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350* F.
Grease and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. It's always a good idea to line the bottom with Parchment Paper (NOT Waxed Paper.) I use butter flavored Pam and evenly spray the pan then use bread flour to dust it.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time and mix just long enough to incorporate them. Set mixture aside.
- 8Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, then gently turn pan around for even baking. Cook another 40 minutes. If you oven runs hot either lower the temperature or check after a total baking time of 50 minutes by inserting a toothpick into the center.
The cake is done when the toothpick comes out just barely or almost clean. It will continue to cook after it's removed from the oven.
- 9Put pan on wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes. Run a butter knife around the edges of the pan and gently turn the cake out onto a wire rack.
The cake is very light and will easily split if you aren't careful with it. Let it cool.