- angel food cake, bought,cake mix or homemade
- 1 box
- instant vanilla pudding...(i used french vanilla)
- 1 large
- cool whip
- 1 jar(s)
- strawberry dessert topping or mix sugar with fresh berries and simmer for 10 minutes then cool
- 1 can(s)
- large can crushed pineapple
- 1/3 c
- heavy cream
- 1 can(s)
- reddy whip (optional)
- 1 Tbsp
- orange juice (optional)
How to Make Angel Cake Trifle
- 1For a trifle cut cake in large chunks. About an inch square. For a cake, slice the cake in 3 equal layers.
- 2In a small glass bowl heat strawberry topping in microwave 30-45 seconds until the consistency is such that you can drizzle it over the cake pieces.
(Use 1 tablespoon orange juice to make it easier to drizzle if necessary.)
- 3In a medium glass bowl heat pineapple in the microwave for 1 minute.
Cool a little then add the pudding mix.
Stir and cool completely.
Add heavy cream
- 4Arrange 1/3 of the cake pieces in the bottom of the trifle dish. Drizzle 1/3 of the strawberry topping over cake.
Spoon on 1/3 of the pineapple mixture.
Spoon on 1/3 cool whip
- 5Repeat layers until the ingredients are used up.
End with cool whip for topping or use Reddy Whip in the can for a decorative topping.
Cherry, sprinkles, on top...(optional idea)