WALNUT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Rose Mary Mogan
- 1/2 c
- butter melted
- 1 c
- sucanat or brown sugar ( i used 1/2 cup splenda white & brown)
- 4 large
- eggs, (i used 6 medium)
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- grated or flaked coconut ( i used chopped walnuts)
- 3/4 c
- semi sweet chocolate chips ( i used mini chips)
- 1 c
- sifted coconut flour
How to Make WALNUT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Melt butter in a medium size bowl, then add sugars eggs, vanilla and salt.Stir to blend together. Then add the coconut flour, chocolate chips, and chopped nuts or shredded coconut whichever you are using, then stir to blend.
- 2Spray or grease a cookie sheet then either drop by spoon fulls or shape into a small ball and flatten and place on cookie sheet about 1 inch apart. Cookies do not spread out. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven, and bake for about 14 to 15 minutes.
- 3Allow cookies to cool slightly and then remove from cookie sheet. Makes about 24 to 36 cookies depending on size of cookie dough.
- 4Please note I am sure you will get better results if you make the recipe as posted without any of the substitutions I used. But I preferred to have low sugar, and low carbs, and that did compromise on the texture and moistness of the cookie. But they really are not that bad if you keep that in mind. A great alternative to regular chocolate chip cookies, and less carbs as well.