Valentine's Day Roses
How to Make Valentine's Day Roses
- 1Mix all ingredients (except strawberry jam).Knead dough maybe 2-3 minutes.Make a ball, wrap in foil and put to refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 2The dough is thick and hard.After one hour,take the dough out.Take off the wrap, put on hard surface ( like wooden cutting board ) and beat the dough with the rolling pin and roll it, and again beat and roll.Repeat this a few times (about 5 minutes) until the dough becomes softer. The point of beating the dough is to create air bubbles.
- 3Roll the dough until it is very thin and use a glass cup to cut the dough into two 3 inch circles and one 2 inch circle (you can also make smaller proportionate circles). In each circle, make 2 to 3 slits that don't go all the way across the circle.
- 4Assemble the rose by putting one 3 inch circle on the bottom. For the middle circle, which will be smaller than the bottom one, press down directly in center of the smaller circle in order for them to stick together.Repeat with the smallest circle on top.
- 5In a dutch oven, heat up 1 quart of canola oil (or other light oil)to 375 degrees F.Fry the roses in the hot oil for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towel. In the middle, put a jelly of your choice (I like strawberry), and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
- 6It seems as though this is complicated, but when you do the first rose it is really fun to do the next. Kids really enjoy assembling them. Be careful frying them DOUGH! haha