Soft Christmas Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/8 c
- crisco (only use crisco) recipe says a "good" cup
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 medium
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 3 1/2 c
- flour (may need up to 4 cups)
How to Make Soft Christmas Sugar Cookies
- 1Beat together the shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla with mixer, then by hand mix in remaining ingredients. The dough will be fairly sticky.
- 2Generously flour board. Scoop out smaller portions of dough, pat out with your hand to 1/4"-1/2" thickness. Flour cookie cutter, cut and place on ungreased cookie sheet. (I use a round jelly glass to cut out the cookies). Sprinkle with sugar.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake. Let cool a couple of minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- 4NOTE: You can decorate with colored sugars or sprinkles or even place a nut or raisin in the center of the cookie before baking or frost after cooling.