It's very easy to make, and perfect for a quick "pick me up" in the morning, or anytime.
I hope you like them! :)
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 cbrown sugar (golden brown)
1 cbrown cow brand maple cream top yogurt
4 cquick cooking oats
1/4 csunflower seeds (i used roasted, salted ones)
1/4 cchopped walnuts
OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS AND VARIATIONS
1 to 2 cdates ~ instead of raisins (or a mixture of the 2)
2 to 3bananas. cut thicker/chunkier to go with the 'mashed' one this originally required.
morechopped walnuts, and sunflower seeds to your taste.
How to Make Oat Bars
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees.
Then prep your 9X13x2" pan my greasing it.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in egg,salt, banana, and yogurt.
Then stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Turn everything together into the greased pan.
- Bake for 45 Minutes. Once it's cool to the touch, begin cutting into 30 bars. After they are cut store them in an airtight container.
- I just want to add that I used dated instead of raisins when I made it. I also increased the amount of dates to a cup and a half, and tossed in a handful of raisins, for variety. I also increased the amount of banana almost up to 3 whole bananas. Some in bigger chunks (for texture) and the rest mashed up.
- You will love how moist and delicious these bars are. So flavor full, and easy to take on the go. I see my self making these again and again.