Nana Butter Cookies
This is my "re-work" of her recipe to make it gluten-free and healthier. I used MaraNatha Banana Peanut Butter, Let's Do Organic Green Banana Flour and Better Body Foods Coconut Palm Sugar.
1 3/4 cgreen banana flour
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1 csalted butter, softened
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 ccoconut sugar
1 ccreamy banana peanut butter
How to Make Nana Butter Cookies
- In a bowl, sift together the green banana flour and baking soda. Note: the banana flour is smokey/dusty. Set bowl aside. In a separate bowl; mix the butter and sugars, then add the eggs and beat well.
- Add the banana peanut butter, 1/2 banana and vanilla and beat until smooth and fluffy. Gently, add the flour mixture little by little into the creamed mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
Chill the dough for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line the baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the chilled dough into 1 inch balls and place on the lined baking sheets. Dip the tines of a fork in flour and flatten each ball with the fork, making a crisscross pattern on each.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, after a minute or 2, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.