LEMON GLAZED OATMEAL COOKIES
2-1/2 cold-fashioned oats
1-3/4 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
3/4 c(1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1/4 csolid vegetable shortening
1 cfirmly packed light brown sugar
1-1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 tspalmond extract
1 cconfectioners' sugar
4-5 tsplemon juice, divided
1 Tbsplight corn syrup
How to Make LEMON GLAZED OATMEAL COOKIES
- In a medium bowl, stir together oats, flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and shortening with electric mixer until smooth. Add sugar and beat until combined. Add egg, vanilla and almond extracts; beat until well combined. Beat in oat mixture.
- Drop by 3 Tablespoonsful onto ungreased cookie pan; flatten slightly.
- Bake in a preheated 350º oven for 10-12 minutes or until light golden. Cool on pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice and corn syrup. Add additional 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice to adjust glaze to get desired consistency. Drizzle the glaze over cooled cookies.