Holiday Date Fudge
Have you ever been on a strict diet just dying for something decadent? Well this is my creation of decadent fudge so I wouldn't feel bad about cheating on my diet. It's now my holiday take along dessert.
No bake, no gluten, no dairy & low fat - healthy fat too! It's a great way to get kids to eat more fruit & a healthy snack without them knowing it... sneaky huh! My grandkids hate raisins or anything that resembles them. After they ate the fudge, I told them it was made with dates. They still asked for more!
How to Make Holiday Date Fudge
- 1Soak pitted dates in hot water for 10 minutes then drain well & dry on paper towel. Blend the dates & coconut oil in a large food processor until smooth. Add cocoa, vanilla extract & honey, continue to blend until mixed well. Recipe can be made in 2 half batches for easier blending.
- 2Put fudge mixture into 1 gallon heavy duty freezer zip lock bag. Add nuts & seal bag with most of the air out then massage by hand until the nuts are mixed well into the fudge. Press all the air out of the bag, seal & place on flat surface & press down firmly to shape the fudge. Refrigerate for 1 day.
- 3Compress fudge again on the 2nd day to get a firmer fudge consistency. On the 3 day cut into 12 pieces. Keep refrigerated.
- 4For holiday meals, freeze separated fudge pieces for 1 hour then stack fudge on a chilled serving plate immediately before table presentation.
- 5For festive looking fudge, sprinkle with finely crushed candy canes or powdered sugar.