Orginal recipe by Rebecca Crump. Revised by me.
- 2 c
- grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c
- unsalted butter,softened
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- dried basil or rosemary or ginger or your favorite spice
- 1/2 tsp
- sea salt
- 1 tsp
- dried tomato , chopped or italian spice or red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- half and half
How to Make Herb Cracker/Cookies
- 1Using an electric mixer, cream the cheese and butter until well combined. Set aside.
- 2In a separate bowl, stir flour, spices,and salt.Add this mixture to the cheese mixture and stir to combine.
Place mixture in a blender and pulse until it comes together - if too dry sprinkle with a Tablespoon of half and half.
- 3Turn dough onto wax paper, roll into a log or square log. Wrap in the wax paper and chill overnight.
--Next day; Preheat oven to 375^. Lightly spray cookie sheets. Set aside.
- 4Remove dough from fridge and slice 1/4 inch thick; place on prepared baking sheet. Prick holes with fork tines in 3 or 4 rows, sprinkle with salt.
Bake 12-15 minutes until golden around the edges.Remove to wire rack to cool.
Store in air tight container when cool up to 4 days or so.
Can be frozen after baked and reheated for a few minutes, before serving.
Great with all your dips and spreads or your favorite soups and salads.