Grandma's Pecan Cookies
She gave me the recipe in 1967 when I was getting married. Over the years it "disappeared". Imagine my excitement when I found it recently.
This is a crispy cooke that is not too sweet. I hope this will be a memory for my grandchildren.
1 cunsalted butter
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed (i use dark)
1 cgranulated sugar
3 cunbleached white flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 cpecans, in pieces
How to Make Grandma's Pecan Cookies
- Let butter and eggs come to room temperature.
- Cream butter, brown sugar and white sugar on low speed.
- Slowly add flour and soda blend well.
- Mix in vanilla and pecans.
- Divide dough into three sections. Roll dough into logs about 1 1/2" in diameter. Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (You can also put rolls in freezer to use at a later date)
- Slice 1/8" thick and place on well greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes until medium brown. Makes about 6 dozen.