Double Ginger Oat Bars
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 Tbspbutter, divided
2/3 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 pkg(14-oz) gingerbread cake and cookie mix
1 1/4 coatmeal, uncooked
4 ozreduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
2 Tbspcrystallized ginger, finely chopped (or 1/2 tsp. ground ginger)
·red and green decorators icing (optional)
How to Make Double Ginger Oat Bars
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray 13x9x2-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- For Bars: In large saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons of the butter over low heat. Remove from heat. Add brown sugar; stir with wooden spoon until well blended. Add gingerbread mix, oats, water and egg; stir until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 33 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Cool bars completely in pan on wire rack.
- For Frosting: Beat cream cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons butter with electric mixer in medium bowl until blended. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth. Beat in ginger.
- Spread frosting evenly over bars. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cut and decorate.
- (OPTIONAL) To decorate, cut into bars and remove from pan. Using red and green frosting, pipe ribbons, holly leaves and berries or other decorations onto each bar. Refrigerate uncovered until decorations set, then cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.