Double Ginger Oat Bars
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 8 Tbsp
- butter, divided
- 2/3 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 pkg
- (14-oz) gingerbread cake and cookie mix
- 1 1/4 c
- oatmeal, uncooked
- 1/3 c
- 1 large
- 4 oz
- reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- crystallized ginger, finely chopped (or 1/2 tsp. ground ginger)
- red and green decorators icing (optional)
How to Make Double Ginger Oat Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray 13x9x2-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2For Bars: In large saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons of the butter over low heat. Remove from heat. Add brown sugar; stir with wooden spoon until well blended. Add gingerbread mix, oats, water and egg; stir until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- 3Bake 30 to 33 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Cool bars completely in pan on wire rack.
- 4For Frosting: Beat cream cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons butter with electric mixer in medium bowl until blended. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth. Beat in ginger.
- 5Spread frosting evenly over bars. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cut and decorate.
- 6(OPTIONAL) To decorate, cut into bars and remove from pan. Using red and green frosting, pipe ribbons, holly leaves and berries or other decorations onto each bar. Refrigerate uncovered until decorations set, then cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.