Cream Cheese Chocolate Rugelach
These freeze well so you may want to double or triple the recipe.Always great to have on hand for guests.
- 3 oz
- package cream cheese,cubed
- 1/3 c
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c
- bittersweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 2 Tbsp
- melted butter
- note: other filling may be used- like jam,peanut butter,pudding, pie filling,etc.
CREAM CHEESE DOUGH
How to Make Cream Cheese Chocolate Rugelach
- 1Preheat oven to 350^. Cover baking sheet or sheets with parchment paper;set aside.
Combine softened cream cheese and margarine, mixing well until well blended. Add flour and salt; mix well. Form into a ball;chill thoroughly;about 20 minutes. On lightly floured surface,roll out dough to 12 inch circle.
- 2brush dough with the melted butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon/sugar mixture, saving a bit of each to brush tops of finished pastry.