Cream Cheese (always raises to the top) Almond Bar
Whole Foods, Sprouts, Bristol Foods or any specialty store, carry the perfect Almonds as well as Almond Extract.
1 cbutter land of lakes
1/2 cpowdered sugar
8 ozcream cheese softened
2 Tbspvanilla extract
1 1/2 cpowered sugar
1/2 cbutter, softened
1 tspalmond extract
How to Make Cream Cheese (always raises to the top) Almond Bar
- CRUST DIRECTIONS: Mix and press crust ingredients into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- FILLING DIRECTIONS: A: Beat cream cheese and sugar for the filling in a processor or mixer.
- B: Add the rest of the filling ingredients and beat until just mixed.
- C: Pour filling mixture over crust and bake for another 15 minutes.
- FROSTING DIRECTIONS: A: Combine all frosting ingredients; powered sugar, butter, milk and almond extract with a mixer.
B: Frost bars when they are cool and top with sliced almonds, if desired.
- C: Cut into approx. 24 squares and serve immediately or serve chilled.
- Store in refrigerator or you can even freeze!
Have a cup and coffee and remember, Cream Always rises to the top!