Cracker Coin Cookies
This is an old recipe , I used Ritz crackers but you can use any round buttery crackers.
For an even quicker application use the store bought cracker with peanut butter or cheese already in them- just dip in your favorite coating.The mini's are cute too!
- 1 box
- ritz crackers (about 72 crackers)
- 1 c
- smooth peanut butter, cream cheese or ice cream
- 11 oz
- bag butter scotch chips or others
- 1 1/2 tsp
- solid shortening
How to Make Cracker Coin Cookies
- 1Spread peanut butter(or filling of choice) evenly on 1/2 the crackers(36). Top with remaining 36 crackers and press together .
- 2Melt butterscotch pieces in microwave safe bowl. Melt at 30 second intervals until smooth and creamy( about 3 times)Adding the shortening during last 30 seconds.(add a little more shortening if needed to make of dipping consistency.)
- 3Dip cracker sandwiches into melted butterscotch with fork in peanut butter part(careful).
Let excess drip back into pan or smooth with the back or knife.
Place on wax paper lined pan and cool to set. Enjoy!