Coffee Sugar Cookies
The little bit of cinnamon is very subtle in these great cookies. I hope you will enjoy this wonderful treat.
I love Ethiopian Limu coffee in these cookies but it is hard for me to find now ... any of the other wonderful Ethiopian coffees ( Sidamo, Yirgacheffe, Harar,) would work well in this recipe.
Please note the sugar has been adjusted.
·3 1/4 cups flour
·3 tsp baking powder
·1 tsp salt
·1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
·5 tbsp finely ground ethiopian coffee (or your favorite coffee)
·1 cup butter, chilled
·1 - 1 1 /2 cup sugar, (white or vanilla)
·1 large egg
·1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
How to Make Coffee Sugar Cookies
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside until needed.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and coffee and set aside until needed.
- In a mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. (5 minutes)
Now slowly add the egg and vanilla extract and combine well.
- You want to gradually add the flour mixture until fully combined, do not over beat. (dough should be slightly tacky and crumbly)
If necessary add flour 1 tsp at a time until it no longer feels wet.
- Put the dough into the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- Roll your dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8" thick.
Cut with your choice of cutter or glass; then place on a prepared cookie sheet in fridge to chill for another 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F and bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
Place on cookie rack to cool.