Christmas Sugar Cookies
When my step daughter saw these at my place of work she was mad because I was giving away some of HER cookies!
One other footnote. two sugar cookies filled with home made strawberry jam, was my Grannie Millers signature coookie. Just sandwich jam in between 2 cookies and bake.
This is one cookie recipe you can double.
- 2 c
- sifted flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 1 c
- 1 large
- egg, beaten
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- milk or cream
How to Make Christmas Sugar Cookies
- 1Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 2Cream butter, add sugar gtadually umtil light and fluffy, add egg, vanilla, and milk.
- 5When ready to roll out, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 6Take out one dough ball and leave other in fridge until ready for it.
- 8To make filled cookies, place one cookie on a cookie sheet sprayed with non stick spray.
- 9Put a rounded teaspoon of strawberry jam in the middle.(Or jam that you like)I put in my home made strawberry jam that I made in June.
- 10Put another sugar cookie on top, and seal with the tines of a fork all around.
- 11Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes