★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 tspbaking powder
2 tspalmond extract
1/2 ctoasted almonds for garnish
1 1/4 cchocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Dipped Almond Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees (if you don't have a digital display, estimate). Grease or spray a loaf pan.
- Beat eggs and sugar well. Add salt, almond extract and baking powder; beat well. Add the flour and beat until mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 370 for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on rack for about 30 minutes. Remove from pan and slice loaf into 1-inch slices.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place biscotti side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Toast about 5 minutes each side. WATCH CAREFULLY as you don't want them to burn. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet overnight to dry. HINT--what I do to speed this process is I let the oven cool down slightly and put the sheet with the biscotti back in the oven (the oven is off) and leave them in there until I'm ready to dip them.
- Prepare chocolate dip by placing chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave-proof bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute; stir. Microwave on HIGH for an additional 30 seconds. Stir well until no lumps are in the dip.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Dip the biscotti half way down in the chocolate, let excess chocolate drain off. Roll the chocolate portion in the toasted almonds. Place biscotti on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining biscotti. Let chocolate set until firm.