☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1/8 tspground cardamom
1/8 tspground cinnamon
1 dash(es)ground cloves
1 dash(es)ground black pepper
3/4 cpowdered sugar
10 Tbspbutter, softened
1 Tbspice water
How to Make Chai Shortbread
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through pepper), stirring well with a whisk.
- Place sugar and butter in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until combined (mixture will appear crumbly). Sprinkle dough with 1 tablespoon ice water; toss with a fork.
- Divide dough in half. Shape dough into 2 (6-inch-long) logs; wrap each log in plastic wrap. Chill 1 hour or until very firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Unwrap dough logs. Carefully cut each log into 18 slices using a serrated knife. Place dough circles 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.