Blue Bonnet Margarine Choc Chip Cookies
I have made several changes and they are noted at the bottom, so read clear to the end before you start. :0)
- 2 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- blue bonnet margarine (melted and cooled)*
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- eggs, room temperature slightly beaten
- 2 tsp
- 2 c
- chocolate chips
- i use cake flour; same amount
- i use 1/2 c of butter and 1/2 c of unsweetened applesauce
How to Make Blue Bonnet Margarine Choc Chip Cookies
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350*
Melt blue bonnet, set aside to cool.
Combine dry ingredients into a med. bowl, set aside.
- 2In a large bowl Beat blue bonnet and sugars by hand until combined.
- 3Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
- 4Add flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
Stir in choc. chips.
Drop cookies by rounded T onto ungreased cookie sheets
Bake 12-14 min until edges are crisp and middles are soft. Let stand 2 min before removing from cookie sheets, cool on wire rack completely before storing.
- 5CHANGES: The first change I made was: 1/2 cup of softened (not melted) butter and 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce both and the eggs at room temp.This reduces the amount of fat per cookie and increases the fiber a bit....you can not taste it.
2nd Change: Use Cake flour instead of All Purpose Flour.....You can make you own using DIY Cake Flour by Candy Hummer, found here on JAP.
3rd Change: compliments of Annette AKA greeneyz
Chill the dough, and spoon (I use a cookie scoop) over night or at least several hours....and between each loading of the cookie sheets. Only place cookie dough on completely cooled cookie sheets.