Betty's Old Fashioned Ginger Cookies
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·4 cups flour
·1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon dried ground ginger
·1 teaspoon baking powder
·1/2 pound (250g) butter, chopped
·2 cups brown sugar
·2 tablespoons golden syrup
·1/2 cup finely chopped glace ginger **optional
How to Make Betty's Old Fashioned Ginger Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 375oF/180oC and line baking trays. Set aside.
- Sift the flour, ginger and baking powder into a large bowl. Rub in the butter using your fingertips (it should look like fine bread crumbs).
- Stir in the sugar. Combine the eggs and golden syrup in a mug, stir and add in. If using glace ginger, add in now. Stir well, the dough will be firm.
- Roll dessert spoonfuls of dough into balls. Place on the prepared trays, allowing room to spread. Press down gently with your fingertips or a fork.
- Bake in prepared oven for 10-12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on the trays and transfer to a wire rack.