Betty's "New Zealand" Hokey Pokey Cookies
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1/2 pound (250g) butter - very soft
·1 cup super fine (caster) sugar
·2 tablespoons golden syrup
·2 tablespoon milk
·2 teaspoons bicarb soda
·3 cups plain flour
How to Make Betty's "New Zealand" Hokey Pokey Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 375oF/180oC. Grease and line baking trays.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar until thick and pale. Meanwhile, heat the milk and golden syrup together until hot. Add the bicarb - it will bubble.
Pour into the butter mix and continue to beat.
- Add in the flour and stir through. It should be the texture of short bread.
- Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of dough, place on the prepared trays. Press down gently with fingers and press down with a fork. Allow spreading room, they will almost double in size.
- Bake in prepared oven for 10-12 minutes and until golden and they smell amazing! Cool in the trays for a few minutes, remove and cool on a wire rack.