Apricot Almond Bars
- 1 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- plus 1/3 c sugar, divided
- 1/4 c
- butter, room temperature
- 12 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature, divided
- 2 tsp
- almond extract, divided
- 1 large
- 1/2 c
- apricot preserves
- 1/3 c
- sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp
- powdered sugar, sifted, for topping
How to Make Apricot Almond Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; Set aside.
- 2To make the crust, add flour and 1/2 c. sugar to a medium size bowl; mix with a fork until blended.
- 3Add butter, 4 oz. of the cream cheese and 1 t. of the almond extract; Mix with a fork to form small crumbles. Reserve 1/2 c. crumbs for topping.
- 4Press remainder of crumbs onto bottom and halfway up sides of prepared pan, forming a crust; Set aside while making filling.
- 5In a large mixing bowl add the remaining 8 oz. of the cream cheese, the remaining 1/3 c. of the sugar, the egg and the remaining 1 t. of the almond extract. Beat with a mixer at least 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Pour into prepared crust.
- 6Dot cream cheese filling with apricot preserves and top with reserved crumb mixture and almonds. Bake 40 minutes in preheated oven.
- 7Remove and cool. Cut into 12 bars; Dust with powdered sugar right before serving. Can be refrigerated before serving and then dusted with powdered sugar.