Apricot Almond Bars
1 1/4 call purpose flour
1/2 cplus 1/3 c sugar, divided
1/4 cbutter, room temperature
12 ozcream cheese, room temperature, divided
2 tspalmond extract, divided
1/2 capricot preserves
1/3 csliced almonds
2 Tbsppowdered sugar, sifted, for topping
How to Make Apricot Almond Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; Set aside.
- To make the crust, add flour and 1/2 c. sugar to a medium size bowl; mix with a fork until blended.
- Add butter, 4 oz. of the cream cheese and 1 t. of the almond extract; Mix with a fork to form small crumbles. Reserve 1/2 c. crumbs for topping.
- Press remainder of crumbs onto bottom and halfway up sides of prepared pan, forming a crust; Set aside while making filling.
- In a large mixing bowl add the remaining 8 oz. of the cream cheese, the remaining 1/3 c. of the sugar, the egg and the remaining 1 t. of the almond extract. Beat with a mixer at least 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Pour into prepared crust.
- Dot cream cheese filling with apricot preserves and top with reserved crumb mixture and almonds. Bake 40 minutes in preheated oven.
- Remove and cool. Cut into 12 bars; Dust with powdered sugar right before serving. Can be refrigerated before serving and then dusted with powdered sugar.