Strawberry Brownie Torte
I think the original recipe came from a magazine.
I have been making this for years and it never fails to impress.
- 21 1/2 oz
- or 23.6 ounce package brownie mix
- 14 oz
- can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c
- cold water
- 1 small
- package (4 serving size) instant vanilla pudding
- 4 oz
- frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 qt
- fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
- 5 Tbsp
- hot fudge ice cream topping
How to Make Strawberry Brownie Torte
- 1Grease two 9 inch round layer cake pans.
- 2Line with waxed paper extending up sides. Grease waxed paper.
- 3Prepare brownie mix for cake like brownies, pour into prepared pans.
- 4Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until top springs back when touched. Cool.
- 5In a large bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk, and water. Beat in pudding mix. Chill 5 minutes.
- 6Fold in whipped topping.
- 7Place one brownie layer on pretty plate. Top with half the pudding mixture and half the strawberries.
- 8Place the remaining brownie layer on top of strawberries, top with rest of pudding mixture, then strawberries.
- 9Drizzle with hot fudge ice cream topping if desired.