Strawberry Brownie Torte
I think the original recipe came from a magazine.
I have been making this for years and it never fails to impress.
21 1/2 ozor 23.6 ounce package brownie mix
14 ozcan sweetened condensed milk
1/2 ccold water
1 smallpackage (4 serving size) instant vanilla pudding
4 ozfrozen whipped topping, thawed
1 qtfresh strawberries hulled and sliced
5 Tbsphot fudge ice cream topping
How to Make Strawberry Brownie Torte
- Grease two 9 inch round layer cake pans.
- Line with waxed paper extending up sides. Grease waxed paper.
- Prepare brownie mix for cake like brownies, pour into prepared pans.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until top springs back when touched. Cool.
- In a large bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk, and water. Beat in pudding mix. Chill 5 minutes.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Place one brownie layer on pretty plate. Top with half the pudding mixture and half the strawberries.
- Place the remaining brownie layer on top of strawberries, top with rest of pudding mixture, then strawberries.
- Drizzle with hot fudge ice cream topping if desired.