No Frost, Brownie Cupcakes
2 stickmargarine or butter
4 ozbaking chocolate, semi-sweet
1 1/2 cwalnuts, chopped
1 3/4 csugar
1 call purpose flour, unsifted
1 tspvanilla extract
24foil-lined cupcake liners
How to Make No Frost, Brownie Cupcakes
- In a sauce pan, melt the semi sweet chocolate and margarine together over medium low heat, stirring often.
Chop walnuts in a rough chop. ( not too fine) and add to melted chocolate& margarine mixture. Take pan off heat and let cool slightly while you prepare other part of batter.
- Into a medium to large mixing bowl measure out the flour, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Use a SPATULA or wooden spoon to blend the mixture. Do not beat! Stir only until ingredients are all combined and egg and flour disappear.
- Combine the chocolate-nut mixture with the egg-sugar mixture using the SPATULA or wooden spoon. ONLY mix until fully incorporated. Over mixing will cause a dull topping to your cupcake.
- With cupcake liners inside the cupcake tin, fill the FOIL-lined cupcake liners 2/3 full with the batter.
BAKE brownie cupcakes @ 325 degrees not more than 35 mins. Mine only take 33 mins. You can use the toothpick method to check if done. (Toothpick stuck in middle should come out clean, not gooey)
- I use Name brand foil liners because they help your cupcakes come out of the wrapper nicely. If you have some other sort of liner/wrapper you like to use, go for it. If your cupcakes stick to your wrapper, try the foil lined! They're awesome. I've never tried just baking them in the cupcake tin itself. It might work if sprAyed really well. Grandma Vera always used the foil ones and always, always walnuts.