Blue Ribbon Recipe
Oh wow! These are sure to be a hit whenever you serve them. We used almond butter in these and it was delish. Quick & super easy to make. The peanut butter chips and the peanut butter cups on top put these over the top! The Test Kitchen
5 cmini marshmallows
2/3 cpeanut or almond butter
5 cRice Krispies cereal
1 1/2 cmini marshmallows
1 cgraham cookies, broken (like teddy grahams)
1 pkgReese's peanut butter chips (10 oz)
1 Tbspcoconut oil (optional)
1 bag(s)Reese's peanut butter cups, 10.5 oz.
How to Make Fluffernutter-Butter Bars
- Unwrap the peanut butter cups and do a rough chop to make small, bite-sized pieces, but not too small. Set aside.
Note: I used miniatures, but original size would work just as well. If you're in a mad rush you can use the unwrapped Minis, but you won't get the same richness.
- In extra-large microwaveable bowl heat butter and 5 c. marshmallows on high 2 min. Stir. Heat one minute more. Add nut butter and stir until smooth. You may need a few additional seconds in the microwave.
Note: You'll need two bags of mini marshmallows.
- Add cereal, stir until well coated. Quickly fold in 1 1/2 c. marshmallows, and broken graham cookies.
Note: We're wheat sensitive, so I used Barbara's Bakery Oatmeal Snackimals, but any graham-flavor cookie would work.
- Press lightly into 9" square pan that has been greased or coated with food release spray. Try not to compact too much -- this will make them harder to cut later. Set aside.
- Put the peanut butter chips into a small microwaveable bowl with the coconut oil. (The coconut oil is not necessary, but gives a nice smooth texture that firms but doesn't harden.)
Microwave on high 1 minute. Stir. Microwave 1 minute more, stir til smooth and all chips are melted. If necessary you can microwave a few additional seconds at a time, sitrring between, until they're melted.
- Spread peanut butter yumminess evenly over the cereal layer.
- Cover the top with the chopped Peanut Butter Cups, and press lightly into the melted layer, so they'll bind, and not fall off.
- Refrigerate at least an hour, to allow everything to set together. Remove, and let set at room temperature 15-30 minutes. Cut and serve, and enjoy eye-rolling and happy mumbles :)