Double-Dipped Chocolate Covered Frozen Banana
·6 wooden skewers
·3 ripe bananas
1/2 ccreamy peanut butter
1/2 cplain coconut yogurt (or other non-dairy yogurt)
·2 packets of stevia, separated (or two ½ teaspoons of vegan sugar)
1 cvegan chocolate chips/chunks
1 tspcoconut oil
1/4 cchopped nut of choice (i used peanuts)
1/4 ccrushed pretzels
1/4 ccacao nibs
How to Make Double-Dipped Chocolate Covered Frozen Banana
- Peel the bananas, Trim the ends and cut in half to make 6 mostly straight segments. Stick short skewers into one end of each banana.
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Lay the bananas on the baking sheet and freeze for at least one hour.
- Meanwhile, mix together the peanut butter, yogurt and one packet of stevia in a shallow bowl. Once the bananas are frozen, remove them from the freezer.
- Roll each banana segment in the peanut butter mixture and return to the baking sheet. You may have to use a spoon or butter knife to help spread the peanut butter dip on the banana.
- Once all bananas have been coated, return to the freezer and freeze for another 30-60 minutes, until the peanut butter coating is hard.
- Mix the chopped nuts, pretzel bits, cacao nibs, and the other packet of stevia together on a plate or shallow bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double broiler (or in a glass bowl sitting on top of a small pot of boiling water).
- Remove the bananas from the freezer. One by one, dip each banana into the chocolate, coating it as evenly as possible.
- Hold the banana over the plate with the toppings and sprinkle toppings onto the banana until all sides are coated.
- Lightly place the coated banana on the baking sheet. Once all are done, return the bananas to the freezer.
- Freeze until set, about 10-20 minutes, or store in an airtight container to save for later.
- Serve and enjoy!