- 1 pkg
- devil's food cake mix
- 3/4 c
- 2/3 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 c
- marshmallow cream
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- almond extract
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- corn syrup, light
- 5 c
- confectioners' sugar, whisked before measuring
- 4 oz
- chocolate, unsweetened squares, finely chopped
TO MAKE BOTH CHOCOLATE AND VANILLA, DIVIDE THE FONDANT INTO 2 BOWLS AT THE END OF STEP 2. STIR IN 2 OUNCES OF CHOCOLATE INSTEAD OF 4. IF THE CHOCOLATE VERSION BECOMES TOO THICK, THIN IT BY WHISKING IN 1/2 TEASPOON OF HOT WATER AT A TIME UNTIL THE
DESIRED CONSISTENCY IS REACHED.
How to Make Creamy Center Cupcakes with Fondant Glaze
- 1Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes, using paper-lined cups. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire rack to cool completely.
- 2Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add marshmallow creme and vanilla; mix well.
- 3Insert a very small pastry tip into a pastry or plastic bag; fill bag with cream filling. Insert tip halfway into the center of each cupcake and fill with a small amount.
- 4Fondant: Place water and corn syrup in a medium saucepan, stir to combine, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 5Remove from heat and whisk in confectioner's sugar, 1 cup at a time, until fondant is completely smooth, creamy white, and lump free. Fondant is ready to use in this liquid form, or you can follow next step to turn into chocolate fondant.
- 6For chocolate fondant, stir in chopped chocolate. Allow to stand for a few minutes to allow residual heat to melt chocolate. If it isn't melting, or mixture is too thick, place over very low heat and gently stir until melted and smooth. Fondant is ready to use. The temperature might have to be adjusted. If the fondant glaze is too warm, it will be too runny. If is is too cool, a crust will form. Cool it just enough so that it falls from a spoon slowly, but is still liquid. Pour over cupcakes(Rewarm after storing until it reaches desired consistency.)