Truffles with Fruit Flavored Cheese
These are so good they melt in your mouth- that is if you can stand to not just eat them right up!
These are good rolled in 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, instead of the coating, too. Refrigerate.
Better get started on these now as they should be refrigerated up to one week. Then bring to room temperature just before serving.
- 8 oz
- best quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped in small pieces
- 3 Tbsp
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 4 oz
- fruit flavored wisconsin cheese spread, such as cranberry
- 6 oz
- best quality dark chocolate,chopped in small pieces
How to Make Truffles with Fruit Flavored Cheese
- 1Place the first ingredient in a large bowl over simmering water, pan not touching water.Or you may use a double boiler. Heat until it melts and is smooth and silky, stirring frequently. Meanwhile, in a very small pan, heat condensed milk and butter until butter melts. Add this mixture to melted chocolate and stir until smooth. Stir in the fruited cheese spread. Chill 3 hours or overnight.
- 2Working quickly, roll the chilled mixture into smooth 1-inch balls. Place on parchment or waxed paper.
- 3Place dark chocolate in metal bowl and sit on top of pan of simmering water. Do not allow bowl to touch water. Stir until chocolate melts. Roll the truffle balls in the warm chocolate to evenly coat. Place on parchment or waxed paper. Refrigerate for up to one week.