Strawberry Cream Truffles
1 cwhite chocolate chips
1(8 ounce) box cream cheese softened
1/4 cpowdered sugar
1 1/2 cchocolate chips
1 1/2 tspcoconut oil (optional)
How to Make Strawberry Cream Truffles
- Melt 1/2 cup white chocolate chips according to packing instructions.
- In food processor combine strawberries, cream cheese, melted white chocolate.and powdered sugar. Pulse until smooth and creamy. Spoon in freezer proof bowl, cover and place in freezer for 2 hours. Using small cookie scoop; scoop into 16 balls and place on cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Place back in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Roll into inch balls using your hands. Place back on baking sheet covered with wax paper; back in freezer for 1 hour.
- Combine chocolate chips and (if desired 1 teaspoon coconut oil) in small bowl. Microwave for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir and continue for 30 second intervals (50% power) until smooth and creamy. Carefully dip frozen truffles through the melted chocolate. Remove to wax paper and place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave and (if desired 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil) at 30 second intervals (50% power) until melted. Drizzle over truffles. Refrigerate truffles.
If you like coconut thin the chocolate with just a bit of coconut oil as it is easier to coat the truffles with the chocolate thinned a little.
There is chilling time on this recipe so plan accordingly.