4 largewhole sweet potatos (not canned)
2 bunchvanilla sugar
1 cbrown sugar
1 cmaple syrup
·9in square caserole dish
AMOUNTS VARY TO TASTE
How to Make Starr's, Marshmallow-less Sweet Potato Dish
- Wash and peal all Sweat Potatoes.
2 potatoes for boiling.
2 potatoes for baking.
- Slice 2 potatoes approx. 1/4in to 1/2in rounds.
For crispier layer, slice thinner.
- Place single layer of potatoes on greased baking sheet.
Lightly brush each slice with melted butter.
Sprinkle with Vanilla Sugar and Cinnamon.
- Bake @ 350 degrees until browned and tender.
(about 20 min)
Do not over bake. Slices will become too tender and fall apart.
Set a side to cool.
- Cube: remaining 2 potatoes and boil til tender enough to mash.
- Drain. Do not drain all liquid.
Save some of the remaining liquid for mashing mixture.
- Mash the potatoes with the liquid until potatoes are smooth.
Vanilla Sugar, Brown Sugar, Maple Syrup & Vanilla in mixing bowl with the mashed potatoes.
Stir together until evenly mixed. Add what ever is needed for extra taste preference.
- Once you have the slices baked and the boiled potatoes mashed. Place a layer of the sliced potatoes at the bottom and sides of the casserole dish as a liner and a border.
- Fill casserole dish with the mashed mixture leaving enough room for the top layer.
- Finally, place baked slices on top.
Put back in the oven to warm.
Approx 10 min.
(Final touch) Sprinkle with Vanilla Sugar and Cinnamon, serve.
- This dish can also be served cold as a dessert. Just top with whip cream and wahlah.
- You may have some slices left over. Use them as an appetizer or snack on them individually.