O HENRY BARS
This recipe is in Book III of Kitchen Chatter on page 64.
- 2/3 c
- margarine or butter , room temperature
- 1 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c
- corn syrup, light (karo brand is best)
- 1 Tbsp
- 4 c
- quick-cooking oatmeal
- 3/4 c
- chocolate chips, mini
- 2/3 c
- creamy or nutty peanut butter
How to Make O HENRY BARS
- 1Heat oven to 350^.
Cream margarine and brown sugar. Add syrup, vanilla and oatmeal. Beat until mixture is well blended.
Spread in 9x13-inch ungreased baking pan.
Bake for 15 minutes- NO LONGER!
- 2Melt chips and peanut butter together in microwave at 30 seconds intervals, stir until smooth and creamy.
Spread over cooled mixture. If desisred sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped peanuts on top.
Let set up at least one day before serving. Delicious!!