Nanny Amy's Pralines
How to Make Nanny Amy's Pralines
- In a heavy sauce pan combine both sugars and evaporated milk. Insert thermometer but don't allow to touch bottom of pot. Line counter top with a sheet of wax paper about 24 in.
- Cook on med-low heat until it reaches soft ball stage on candy thermometer about 240 degrees. Remove from heat when temperature is reached.
- Add vanilla(it will bubble) and pecans. Stir vigorously with tablespoon(not measuring spoon) until it looks shiny about 30 seconds.
- Quickly spoon out onto wax paper a tablespoon at a time before they begin to harden in pot.
- Gently move wax paper on counter so that each praline will have a cool spot to continue cooling and easier removal.