Layered Mint Chocolate Fudge
Great for the holidays by using different colored chocolate from the candy making supply shop instead of coloring it yourself.
Red or green Christmas and St.Patrick's Day,etc....
- 12 oz
- package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz
- can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- white baking chips
- 1 Tbsp
- peppermint extract
- drops green or red food coloring (orange for halloween)
How to Make Layered Mint Chocolate Fudge
- 1Line a 9-inch square pan with foil and spray or butter foil be sure foil extends over opposite ends of pan)
- 2In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips with 1 cup of the sweetened condensed milk. Stir in the vanilla extract. Spread 1/2 the mixture in the foiled pan; chill 10 minutes or until firm. Keep remaining mixture at room temperature.
- 3In another saucepan over low heat, melt the white chocolate with the remaining sweetened condensed milk. Stir in peppermint extract and food coloring . Spread over chilled chocolate layer; chill 10 more minutes or until firm.
- 4Now spread reserved chocolate mixture over mint layer. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
Remove foil from pan and cut fudge into desired pieces.
Store loosely covered at room temperature.