Ima Need A Moment Pretzel Bark
1/2 7oz bag(s)small pretzel twists**
2/3 cpeanut butter baking chips
1 clight brown sugar
1/2 tspsea salt
1 Tbspheavy cream
1 1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
·kosher salt garnish
How to Make Ima Need A Moment Pretzel Bark
- Line a baking sheet with a medium Silpat and place pretzels in rows, in a single layer. (You could use waxed paper or foil if you don't have a Silpat...get a Silpat!!)
- Evenly distribute the peanut butter chips over the pretzels.
- In a medium saucepan, on med-low heat, melt the butter with the brown sugar and sea salt.
Bring to hard boil over medium heat, then boil, stirring often, 2 1/2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and quickly stir in cream (caramel will bubble up, so be sure to use a long-handled wooden spoon).
- Remove from heat and pour caramel evenly over the top of the pretzels and pb chips, working as quickly as you can work safely.
You can't move the caramel once it's in place, but it's ok if there are small bare patches -- it doesn't have to be perfect :)
- Immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips all across the top, as evenly as you can. Allow to rest a few minutes (5-10), so chocolate can melt.
(If the caramel has cooled too much to melt the chocolate completely, it's ok to put the baking sheet in the oven for a few minutes to help melt the chocolate.) Then just proceed...
- Carefully spread the melted chocolate chips over the top with a spreading knife until smooth (no chip-shape showing), without disturbing the caramel layer.
- Lightly dust with Kosher salt -- use as much or as little as you like.
- Let cool on the counter top for half an hour, to allow the caramel to firm up and ingredients to set, and then refrigerate for at least two hours.
When the caramel is firm, remove bark from the frig and break into pieces.
- Devour -- the hardest part of this recipe is NOT eating it all!
- NOTES: this recipe doubles easily: follow the same method, just boil the caramel mixture 3 minutes.
The candy is also delicious without the peanut butter baking chips. Just skip this step.
I use Silk Soy Creamer in place of cream.
** We're gluten intolerant, so I use VitaSpelt brand Original pretzels -- they're awesome!