★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 chalf and half
3 - 4 cpecans
How to Make G.G.'s Pralines
- Butter sides of a 4 quart pot.
- Combine sugars and half-and-half. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, continue to stir and boil till soft ball stage (234 degrees).
- Remove from heat; add butter but DO NOT STIR!
- Let cool 30 minutes then stir in pecans (you may leave a few out to press into the top of your candies).
- Beat vigorously about 3 minutes till thickened but still glossy.
- Working quickly, drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper. (If desired press pecan halves into candies while still warm.)
- Let cool completely.