- 3 c
- 3 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 c
- half and half
- 6 Tbsp
- 3 - 4 c
How to Make G.G.'s Pralines
- 1Butter sides of a 4 quart pot.
- 2Combine sugars and half-and-half. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until boiling.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low, continue to stir and boil till soft ball stage (234 degrees).
- 4Remove from heat; add butter but DO NOT STIR!
- 5Let cool 30 minutes then stir in pecans (you may leave a few out to press into the top of your candies).
- 6Beat vigorously about 3 minutes till thickened but still glossy.
- 7Working quickly, drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper. (If desired press pecan halves into candies while still warm.)
- 8Let cool completely.