Coconut Almond Candy Bars (Like Almond Joy)
21-24 ozflaked coconut or unsweetened ( i used sweetened)
1 can(s)14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
2 1/2 cpowdered sugar
2 tspcoconut extract
8 ozwhole almonds
4 c(2) 12 ounce bags of semi sweet or dark chocolate
4 Tbspshortening or 1/4 block of parrafin wax.
NOTE: I USED ONE 12 OUNCE BAG OF EACH SEMI SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS AND DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE BOTH. SIMPLY PLACE 12 OUNCES OF EACH TO A BOWL WITH ONLY 2 TABLESPOONS OF MELTED SHORTENING. YOU’LL DIP IN EACH CHOCOLATE.
How to Make Coconut Almond Candy Bars (Like Almond Joy)
- Line a 13 x 9” pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Add in the powdered sugar. Mix well. Mixture should be thick. You may also add an additional coconut if you would like a thicker consistency. These bars are very forgiving. Do not be afraid to add more coconut.
- Refrigerate until set. You can also quicken the process, by placing them in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Line a sheet pan or several small pans, with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spray lightly with vegetable oil spray, if using foil.
- Add in the chocolate chips are well. Place back in microwave. Stop microwave add about 40 second to one minute intervals to stir. When it is fully melted and combined. Remove from microwave. .