★★★★★ 1 vote5
16hard candy peperment candy
3 1/2 csugar
2/3 clight corn syrup
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
·red food coloring ( optional )
How to Make Christmas Divinity
- place the hard peperment candy in a food prosser and crush, and set aside.
- combine sugar, water, corn syrup, and salt into a sauce pan, heat stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves.
- whip down sugar crystols from side of pan as necessary with a pastry brush dipped in water.
- without stirring, boil syrup mixture until it reaches 265 degrees on a candy thermomether ( hard ball stage )
- gradually beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, then gradually beat hot syurp into egg whites, add vanilla , tent with food coloring if desired. continue beating until candy hold it's shape and add crushed peperments.
- drop by tablespoon onto wax paper , when firm store in air thght container.
- NOTE: for white didinity do not add food coloring. in place of peperment candy , you can add chopped muts, or candy cherries.
- TIP: have everything ready before you start as once the candy reaches 260 on the candy thermometer it will immediatley begine to harden.