CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT PATTIES
Rose Mary Mogan
- 2 lb
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 can(s)
- 14 oz. can condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 stick
- butter(1/2 cup) softened
- 1 Tbsp
- peppermint extract
- 1 pkg
- 11 1/2 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips or mint flavored chips
- bar paraffin wax
How to Make CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT PATTIES
- 1Mix the sugar, milk, butter, & peppermint together in a large bowl. Roll mixture into small balls or press flat if you prefer to make patties. Place on wax or parchment paper & chill.
- 2Melt chocolate chips and parrafin wax together over top of a double boiler or heavy skillet half filled with water. Using a tooth pick or skewer, dip balls or patties into melted chocolate, let excess drip back into pot, and then place on waxed or parchment paper. Allow to cool completely.
- 3Have a taste for mint, these are the perfect little patties or candy balls. Note you can melt white chocolate and drizzle over the patties or balls if you like. Even add some crushed peppermint candy canes before the chocolate dries. These are very easy and so cool and refreshing, especially if you use mint chocolate chips as well as the peppermint extract.